Important: Use custom search function to get better results from our thousands of pages

Use " " for compulsory search eg:"electronics seminar" , use -" " for filter something eg: "electronics seminar" -"/tag/" (used for exclude results from tag pages)

Tags: Communication, Light, Visible, Visible Light Communication,
Ask More Info Of  A Seminar Ask More Info Of A Project Post Reply  Follow us on Twitter
03-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Visible Light Communication

I am working on a visible light communication research. My aim is to send characters wirelessly from keyboard to microcontroller & then to LED & reception by photodiode/phototransistor & displaying the character on LCD via a microcontroller.
I am stuck at the reception part.
How can we code or use any synchronization technique such that the photodiode/phototransistor recognizes & differentiates the information we send, from the continuous on-signal it is receiving from LED which remains on for the lighting purpose otherwise.1111...: This is the signal which photodiode receives when LED is on for lighting purpose. 10010011(or any other 8 bit data I send from keypad) is the information which the photodiode should differentiate for displaying on LCD.
I request you to suggest at the earliest since I have deadlines.

Thanking all,
Ankush Chavan.
17-03-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: Visible Light Communication
Visible light communication (VLC) is a data communications medium which uses visible light between 400 and 800 THz (780–375 nm). VLC is a subset of optical wireless communications technologies.

The technology uses fluorescent lamps (ordinary lamps, not special communications devices) to transmit signals at 10 kbit/s, or LEDs for up to 500 Mbit/s. Low rate[vague] data transmissions at 1 and 2 kilometres (0.6 and 1.2 mi) were demonstrated.[1][2] RONJA achieves full Ethernet speed (10 Mbit/s) over the same distance thanks to larger optics and more powerful LEDs.

Specially designed electronic devices generally containing a photodiode receive signals from light sources,[1] although in some cases a cell phone camera or a digital camera will be sufficient.[3] The image sensor used in these devices is in fact an array of photodiodes (pixels) and in some applications its use may be preferred over a single photodiode. Such a sensor may provide either multi-channel communication (down to 1 pixel = 1 channel) or a spatial awareness of multiple light sources.[1]

VLC can be used as a communications medium for ubiquitous computing, because light-producing devices (such as indoor/outdoor lamps, TVs, traffic signs, commercial displays and car headlights/taillights[4]) are used everywhere.[3] Using visible light is also less dangerous for high-power applications because humans can perceive it and act to protect their eyes from damage.
Rating Visible Light Communication Options
Share Visible Light Communication To Your Friends :- Seminar Topics Bookmark

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IDENTIFYING EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION CHANNELS IN A RURAL COMMUNITY: A FIELD REPORT seminar projects maker 0 334 09-04-2014 02:54 PM
Last Post: seminar projects maker
  The Internet as an International Ubiquitous Communication Media seminar projects maker 0 375 13-03-2014 01:09 PM
Last Post: seminar projects maker
  The Role of Communication and Loyalty Marketing, Impacting Alcohol Consumption study tips 0 436 23-08-2013 04:51 PM
Last Post: study tips
  RESEARCH REPORTS Free Space Optical Laser Communication Link project girl 0 599 16-01-2013 10:40 AM
Last Post: project girl
  Assisgnment questions on WIRELESS COMMUNICATION NETWORKS victer 1 3,169 28-01-2012 10:55 AM
Last Post: seminar addict
This Page May Contain What is Visible Light Communication And Latest Information/News About Visible Light Communication,If Not ...Use Search to get more info about Visible Light Communication Or Ask Here

Options: