RE: Online Library Management System Project report
|| Online Library Management System
Online Project Library.doc (Size: 136.5 KB / Downloads: 74)
The topic of this project is Online Project Library Management System. An Online Project Library Management System is a virtual organization that comprehensively collects, manages and preserves for the long depth of time, project code. This project code can be downloaded by the user as required. It can be treated as a digital library- a type of an information retrieval system.
The Information Technology Industry thrives on development of software. These software may find use in over a wide range of applications. Each application has its own specialty-for instance, the software on banking solutions will differ distinctly from that of the Railway Reservation System. And so will its code. Hence, it helps, immensely, to have an online digital library that can store the code of all these different problems. Thereby, the work of a software developer gets reduced to a great extent if he has a set of code, ready at-hand, to enhance and implement. This enhanced version can also be stored in the system later. Thus, what we have is a rich collection of projects for multiple uses.
Our project on the Online Project Library Management System deals with the development of a virtual storage space that can be used to address the above problem. Any user can view the projects. However, an authorized user can access the code of the different projects. The users must provide their personal details to register themselves in the system. These details will be saved alongside the user id and password provided by the user. Once registered, the user can access the system by logging in. He will then have access to a vast range of project codes, which he can also download if needed. The entire system will be managed by the Administrator of the system. The Administrator, alone, can upload projects, and delete projects as and when required.
The Online Project Library Management System finds ample use in different areas. Some of them are:
• In educational institutes where students have to develop simple software as a part of their coursework. The availability of the code can help them cross some hurdles while developing their project.
• In software development organizations where projects are developed on a mass scale. Most of these software are very complicated. Thus, to have ready at-hand code for some areas can ease out the problems of the development teams.
Software Requirement Specification:
1. Overview and Scope:
Our project on Online Project Library Management System is to develop a software to store the codes for different projects. The code will be accessible for download to the registered users alone. However, it can be viewed even by users who aren’t registered in the system. The users must provide their personal details to register themselves in the system. To be authorized by the system, the user has to register by providing some personal information like his name, email id, date of birth, address and phone number. Against his registration, he must provide a user id, which has not been used before, and a password of a desirable length. This user id and password will, then, be used by the user to log into the system. However, his user id will persist. He will get a wide range of projects to choose from. The system will allow the user to search for a project in two ways. He can, either, search for a project using the title of the project or by the name of the author of the project. The system will retrieve the projects that match the user’s requirement and will display it to the latter. The user may, then, choose to download it. The projects are stored in the database of the system. Each project is stored along with the project id, which stands unique, project name, author name and the project image. The project image will be a visual treat for the users. Other than this, there will be, for each project, a list of the user id numbers of those users who have downloaded the project. This data may be used by the system for referencing later, if needed. The system will be maintained by the Administrator(s). The Administrator will have a specific id and password with which he can access the system using this id and password, to add and delete projects as and when required. The details of the Administrator will be stored in a separate table in the database.
The project will be helpful for people who are in any way involved in coding for projects for any purpose. The users can be classified into two categories. They are:
1. Normal users: Students and Software Developers can access the system to download code for development of software at their place of work. The ready at-hand code may ease out some obstacles that they face while developing the software.
2. Administrator: The Administrator can use the software to update and regularly maintain it. Different types of codes must be updated into the system at regular intervals to keep it abreast with the new developing techniques of the industry.
The software that we are developing has some salient features as follows:
• It will provide efficient and hassle-free services to the user. The efficiency of the system translates into the fact that the user can access the code and download it very fast. They will not be held up for any glitches in the system.
• The retrieval of information ( in this case specifically, the projects) will be very fast, for reasons explained above.
• The user data, i.e. the user id, password, and all the personal details of the user, will be present in a secured manner. The system guarantees complete security to the users.
• It provides a GUI interface for the user. ‘What-you-see-is-what-you-get’ is followed religiously during the development of the project. Everything will be available on Click. The user will be spared from the pain of writing complex system calls to access the projects and download them.
• The system is a web-based system that can function in any environment.
Technologies to be used and its description:
The technologies used for the development of the Online Project Library Management System are as follows:
• The Platform is .NET environment. This software framework runs primarily on Microsoft Windows. It includes a large library and supports several, thereby allowing language interoperability. Programs written for the .NET Framework execute in a software environment known as the Common Language Runtime (CLR), an application virtual machine that provides important services such as security, memory management, and exception handling. The class library and the CLR together constitute the .NET Framework. The .NET Framework's Base Class Library provides user interface, data access, database connectivity, cryptography, web application development, numeric algorithms, and network communications. Programmers produce software by combining their own source code with the .NET Framework and other libraries. The .NET Framework is meant to be used by most new applications created for the Windows platform. The .NET Framework includes design features and tools that help manage the installation of computer software to ensure that it does not interfere with previously installed software, and that it conforms to security requirements. Microsoft also produces a popular integrated development environment largely for .NET software called Visual Studio.